Why Mortal Kombat 1 Matchmaking Failed and How to Fix It
Mortal Kombat 1 is a 2023 fighting game developed by NetherRealm Studios and published by Warner Bros. Games. The game features a rich roster of characters, stunning graphics, brutal fatalities, and a deep story mode. But the core gameplay and fun of Mortal Kombat 1 lies in its online multiplayer mode, where you can challenge other players from around the world in various modes, such as ranked matches, king of the hill, and team battles. However, some players may encounter a frustrating issue when trying to join an online match: Mortal Kombat 1 matchmaking failed. This means that the game cannot find a suitable opponent for you, or that the connection is lost during the matchmaking process. If you are one of those players who are facing this problem, and you don’t know how to solve it, then this article is for you. We will help you find out the causes and solutions of Mortal Kombat 1 matchmaking failed.
Causes of Mortal Kombat 1 Matchmaking Failed
There are several possible reasons why Mortal Kombat 1 matchmaking failed on your device. Some of them are related to the game servers, while others are related to your own network or device settings. Here are some of the most common causes of Mortal Kombat 1 matchmaking failed:
- MK1 servers are down or under maintenance. This is something that you cannot control or fix by yourself. Sometimes, the game servers may be offline due to technical issues or scheduled maintenance. This can affect the availability and performance of the online multiplayer mode. You can check the official MK1 website or social media accounts for any announcements or updates regarding the server status.
- Your network connection is unstable or slow. This is one of the main causes of Mortal Kombat 1 matchmaking failed on your side. If your network connection is not stable or fast enough, you may experience lag, disconnections, or errors when trying to join an online match. Your network connection can be affected by various factors, such as your internet service provider (ISP), your router or modem, your wireless signal strength, your network configuration, or other devices or applications that are using your bandwidth.
- Your device settings are incompatible or outdated. Another possible cause of Mortal Kombat 1 matchmaking failed on your side is that your device settings are not compatible or updated for the game. For example, your network driver may be outdated or corrupted, which can impair your network performance and connectivity. Or your Windows Firewall may be blocking the game from accessing the internet, which can prevent you from joining an online match. Or your game files may be damaged or missing, which can cause various errors and glitches in the game.
How to Fix Mortal Kombat 1 Matchmaking Failed
If you want to fix Mortal Kombat 1 matchmaking failed and enjoy the online multiplayer mode of the game, you need to address the causes that we mentioned above. Here are some of the solutions that you can try:
Check MK1 server status. Before you try anything else, you should check if the MK1 servers are up and running properly. You can do this by visiting the official MK1 website or social media accounts, or by using a third-party website that monitors the server status of various games. If the MK1 servers are down or under maintenance, you just have to wait until they are back online. There is nothing else you can do about it.
Optimize your network connection. The most effective way to optimize your network connection for MK1 is to use a professional network optimization tool like GearUP Booster. GearUP Booster is a software that can intelligently match you with the best connection route based on your actual network data, avoid network congestion, increase your connectivity with the servers, and reduce Mortal Kombat 1 matchmaking failed situations. This is possible because GearUP has deployed network nodes all over the world, which can achieve the optimal connection. Besides, GearUP has many other advantages:
- Exclusive adaptive intelligent routing technology
- Free trial for 3 days, fully experience the effect
- Subscription-based payment, free to choose the time
- Support thousands of games and all game platforms
- Professional technical and customer service team, ready to solve your problems
If you are playing Mortal Kombat 1 on console and you also encounter matchmaking failed issues, and you don’t want to use your PC with Share Mode at the same time, then you might want to consider buying Hyperev. Hyperev is a hardware product from GearUP, a game router type of tool that can connect between your router and your console with a network cable, reduce network fluctuations, and improve MK1 matchmaking success rate. After connecting Hyperev, you only need to use an app to control it, which is very convenient. You can buy this product on Amazon and AliExpress now.
Other Ways to Fix Matchmaking Failed
Update your device settings. Another way to fix Mortal Kombat 1 matchmaking failed is to update your device settings for the game. Here are some of the steps that you can take:
- Update the network driver. An outdated network driver is the leading cause of network-related issues and problems with MK1 matchmaking on your PC. You can go to the Device Manager or another driver updater tool and perform a network driver update.
- Allow MK1 through the Firewall. Windows Firewall protects your PC from various threats. However, if it recognizes MK1 as a threat, it can block the matchmaking process, so it is better to add Mortal Kombat 1 to the Firewall exceptions list.
- Restart network settings. You can use Command Prompt by copy-pasting a few commands to resolve any misconfigured network settings on your PC.
Be careful when you try these methods, as they may cause irreversible damage to your computer. It is best to have some network knowledge or guidance from a professional before you attempt them.
Mortal Kombat 1 is a great fighting game that offers a thrilling online multiplayer mode. However, some players may encounter Mortal Kombat 1 matchmaking failed when trying to join an online match, which can ruin their gaming experience and mood. In this article, we explained the causes and consequences of Mortal Kombat 1 matchmaking failed, and how to fix it. We recommend using GearUP Booster as the best solution to optimize your network connection for MK1 and reduce Mortal Kombat 1 matchmaking failed situations. You can also try updating your device settings for the game, but be careful when you do so. We hope this article was helpful for you, and that you can enjoy Mortal Kombat 1 online multiplayer mode without any problems.