How to Fix Sea of Thieves Crashing
Sea of Thieves is a popular online multiplayer game where players set sail on pirate adventures in a vast open world. The game offers a unique and immersive experience, allowing players to explore islands, engage in naval battles, and hunt for treasure. However, despite being an exciting multiplayer game, many players encounter frequent crashes that disrupt their gaming sessions. In this article, we will explore the reasons behind Sea of Thieves crashing and provide solutions to resolve this issue.
Reasons for Sea of Thieves Crashing
Many players have reported experiencing random crashes while playing Sea of Thieves. These crashes can stem from conflicts with certain processes or applications, leading to the game crashing during startup. It is crucial to understand the game's system requirements, as compatibility issues with your PC configuration can also contribute to crashes. Some factors that may cause Sea of Thieves to crash during startup or gameplay include:
- Network connectivity issues.
- Outdated graphics drivers.
- Restrictions imposed by Windows Defender.
- Outdated game patches.
Understanding these potential causes is essential in finding effective solutions to prevent Sea of Thieves from crashing.
Network-Related Crashes and Solutions
While less common, network problems can also contribute to Sea of Thieves crashing. These issues can include high latency, packet loss, and congestion-related queueing problems, resulting in unstable gameplay and frequent crashes. To address network-related crashes, consider using a network optimization tool like GearUP Booster. This software can optimize your network to its optimal state, solving issues such as high latency, packet loss, and congestion. GearUP Booster offers the following features:
- Global nodes in hundreds of countries and regions.
- Reduction of Sea of Thieves crashing instances.
- Exclusive adaptive smart routing technology.
- Subscription-based pricing with a 3-day free trial.
- Professional customer support.
- Support for thousands of games.
If you are playing the console version of Sea of Thieves, network-related crashes may still occur. In such cases, you can try GearUP Booster's hardware product, HYPEREV. HYPEREV is a game router-like tool that simplifies the process of network optimization. Simply connect the device using an Ethernet cable, and you can enjoy a smoother gaming experience. HYPEREV can be purchased on platforms like Amazon and AliExpress.
Additional Solutions to Sea of Thieves Crashing
In addition to network-related issues, other factors can contribute to Sea of Thieves crashing. Here are some additional solutions to address these crashes:
- Run the game as an administrator: Running Sea of Thieves with administrative privileges can help resolve compatibility issues and prevent crashes caused by insufficient permissions.
- Close other running applications: Closing any unnecessary applications and processes running in the background can free up system resources and enhance the game's stability.
- Restart your computer: Sometimes, a simple computer restart can resolve temporary issues or conflicts that can lead to Sea of Thieves crashing.
For more advanced solutions, consider the following methods:
- Update graphics drivers: Outdated graphics drivers can cause compatibility issues and lead to crashes. Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card.
- Adjust power options: Power settings can affect system performance. Adjusting power options to ensure maximum performance can help prevent crashes.
- Disable Windows Firewall: In some cases, Windows Firewall settings can interfere with the game's connections and cause crashes. Temporarily disabling the firewall can help determine if it is the cause of the issue.
- Disable overlays: Overlays from programs like Discord or GeForce Experience can sometimes conflict with Sea of Thieves. Disabling these overlays can resolve compatibility issues and prevent crashes.
Remember to proceed with caution when attempting advanced solutions, as they can be complex and may result in adverse effects if not implemented correctly.
Sea of Thieves crashing can be a frustrating experience for players. However, by understanding the potential causes of these crashes and implementing the suggested solutions, players can overcome these issues and enjoy a smoother gaming experience. Whether it's addressing network-related problems with tools like GearUP Booster or applying additional solutions such as updating drivers and adjusting system settings, players have various options to resolve Sea of Thieves crashing and fully immerse themselves in the thrilling pirate adventures the game has to offer.