How to Fix Lag on Xbox Series X: Common Causes and Solutions
When playing games with Xbox, users often ask how to fix lag on Xbox Series X. Indeed, the slow console with lag may extremely impact the gameplay experience. In this article, figure out the effective methods to fix this issue.
Why is Your Xbox Series X Slow with Lag
Before learning how to fix lag on Xbox Series X, let’s check the hidden causes of this issue. If you're experiencing slow speeds on Xbox Series X, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
- Network issues are the most common culprit for slow performance on next-gen consoles like Xbox Series X|S. Xbox Series X Wi-Fi lag issues can be caused by a number of factors. This could be due to internet connection issues, Xbox wireless settings, or wireless network interference.
- Xbox Series X is a streaming media device; therefore, it stores certain information while running various programs on its platform. This inaccessible and unstable information is called a cache. They appear as volatile memory stored near the CPU (central processing unit). If that memory becomes bloated, it can slow down your console.
- The results show that some Xbox Series X consoles are developing issues that prevent them from running next-gen games at peak performance. This issue was shown to slow down operating speeds by 5% in a test involving two Xbox Series X. This error is suspected to be the result of clock synchronization on one of the tested consoles. After a simultaneous reset on both consoles, there is a 2-second speed difference between the two consoles.
- When the console's hard memory is full, it may have trouble getting things done. This will manifest when things randomly freeze or slow down. At some point, this will cause the control panel to stop working completely and require a factory reset to clear the memory.
How to Fix Lag on Xbox Series X
After knowing the probable reasons, check how to fix lag on Xbox Series X using the following proven methods.
1. Check your internet connection
To reduce ping and latency, make sure you have a stable and rapid internet connection. Here are some tips to help you improve your connection:
Using a wired connection:
- If available, connect your Xbox Series X directly to your router or modem using an Ethernet cable. A wired connection is usually faster and more stable than a wireless connection.
Upgrade your internet plan:
- If your internet plan offers slow speeds, consider upgrading to a faster plan. It can help reduce ping and latency in online games.
Close background apps:
- Make sure no other devices on your network are using bandwidth by streaming videos, downloading files, or running other high-bandwidth applications.
2. Clear cache
It can be done in a few steps. Before performing these steps, make sure you have your credentials as you may need to re-enter them after the reset. Press the X box button on your controller, then go to the "Profiles & System" panel and select "Settings". Scroll down, go to "System", then select "Console Info". Click "Reset console" and select "Reset and keep my games and apps".
You can also perform a factory reset, which will bring you back to the original Xbox Series X settings.
3. Clear memory persistent
For Blu-ray disc users who can download associated content when used with Xbox Series X. You can clear persistent storage by following these steps:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller, scroll right, click "Profiles & System" and select "Settings".
- Scroll down to "Devices and Connections", then select "Blu-ray".
- When prompted, select the "Constant storage" option, then "Clear persistent storage".
4. Choose the right server
When playing online games, you can sometimes choose a server to connect to. Choosing a server that is geographically closer to you can help reduce ping and lag.
5. Keep your Xbox Series X up to date
Make sure your Xbox Series X game and system software is up to date, as updates can sometimes include performance improvements and bug fixes that can help reduce ping and latency.
6. Use a Game Booster
A dedicated game booster, like GearUP Booster, can help reduce ping and lag by redirecting your connection to a faster, more direct path to the game server. It is specialized for game speeding up, and suitable for beginners to use with a user-friendly interface. Meanwhile, its professional console booster can efficiently fix the lower latency on all consoles.
This article explores how to fix lag on Xbox Series X. In general, there are various solutions for this issue. You can target the possible problem first and follow the ways provided here. In addition, a specialized game and console booster, GearUP Booster is worth your trial to improve the game experience.