How to Fix Apex Legends Won't Download Issue?
Apex Legends, one of today's most popular battle royale games, may encounter download failures without any warning, leaving your progress stuck. To address this issue, we've found simple yet effective solutions. Explore this blog to learn more.
Reasons Why Apex Legends Won't Download
- Server issues: Sometimes, the game servers face technical problems that can hinder downloads.
- Network failures: Poor internet connectivity or disruptions can impede the download process.
- Firewall blockages: Your firewall may be blocking the necessary connections for downloading Apex Legends.
- Excessive background processes: Running too many background processes can affect your system's ability to download and install the game.
How to Fix Apex Legends Won't Download Issue
Method 1: Check Apex Legends Servers
Stay updated on server status from the official Apex Legends or EA Twitter. Alternatively, utilize GearUP Booster for server status updates available on our website and software.
Method 2: Fix Network Issues
As a multiplayer online game, encountering network issues is inevitable. The simplest way to address this is by using GearUP Booster. This optimization software specifically caters to gaming needs, intelligently matching the best connection routes globally to ensure stable connectivity with Apex Legends for downloading information. Additionally, GearUP Booster reduces game latency and packet loss, providing a smoother gaming experience—a feature that has received praise from countless players.
- Offers a free trial
- User-friendly interface
- Supports thousands of games
Step 1: Download GearUP Booster
Step 2: Search for Apex Legends.
Step 3: Select Game Server and Node.
Step 4: Click "Confirm" first, and then launch Apex Legends.
Method 3: Resolve Firewall Blockage
Detailed steps to resolve firewall blockage:
- Navigate to your computer's Control Panel.
- Select "System and Security," followed by "Windows Defender Firewall."
- Click on "Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall."
- Locate Apex Legends in the list of apps and ensure both Public and Private checkboxes are checked.
- Save changes and attempt re-downloading the game.
Method 4: Manage Excessive Background Processes
Detailed steps to manage excessive background processes:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Navigate to the "Processes" tab.
- Identify non-essential processes consuming resources (e.g., web browsers, unnecessary applications).
- Right-click on these processes and select "End task" one by one.
- Once done, restart the download process for Apex Legends.
By keeping track of server statuses, optimizing network connections with tools like GearUP Booster, addressing firewall blockages following detailed steps outlined above, and managing background processes can significantly improve your experience when downloading Apex Legends—vital amidst its expanding player base and competitive battle royale landscape.