Fortnite Summer Escape event news summary
The highly anticipated annual Fortnite summer event, known as Summer Escape, has arrived in Chapter 4 Season 3. This exciting event transports players to a beachy paradise, complete with summer-themed decorations and a host of new content and rewards. Players can now dive into the game and explore all the exciting goodies this event has to offer.The summer escape event in Fortnite started on July 4, 2023 at 9 AM ET worldwide. The event files were added to the game with version 25.11, and no significant content update was made. Here's everything you need to know about the event's start time, quests, and rewards in Fortnite.
- Start date and time of the Fortnite summer escape event.
- All summer escape event quests in Fortnite.
- How to obtain free summer escape rewards in Fortnite.
In line with previous iterations of the event, such as the 2022 summer splash event in chapter 3, certain modifications have been made to the game's content. These changes include the addition of new items, consumables, and summer-themed decorations scattered throughout the map.
It has been announced that the event will end on July 18, 2023, coinciding with the release of the next major content update of chapter 4 season 3.
Please note that the event quests for the summer escape event can be found below.
The summer escape event has introduced a series of themed quests that require players to complete a specific set of tasks related to the new content added to the game. These quests are divided into three phases, each of which will be available for a limited time and will be gradually released.
Each wave of quests will be released until July 16, 2023, and will have a specific expiration time.
The first set of quests, called "The Quench Quests," became available in the game on July 4, 2023, and can be completed by players until July 7. Here are all the challenges and rewards associated with the questline:
- Quest: Gain shields (200) Reward: 30,000 XP
- Quest: Collect an apple, banana, and coconut (3) Reward: 30,000 XP
- Quest: Report back to Purradise Meowscles (1) Reward: Nanners Wrap- Deal damage to opponents within 45 seconds of getting out of the water after swimming (100): Complete this challenge to earn 30,000 XP.
- Swim a distance at SunSwoon Lagoon (75): Complete this challenge to earn 30,000 XP.
- Eat ice cream cones (5): Complete this challenge to earn 30,000 XP.
- Break slap barrels or slurp barrels (10): Complete this challenge to earn 30,000 XP.
- Eliminate an opponent while under the effects of frozen or spicy ice cream cone (1): Complete this challenge to earn 30,000 XP.
- Restore health (200): Complete this challenge to earn 30,000 XP.
- Search chests (7): Complete this challenge to earn 30,000 XP.
- Sprint while under the effects of slap (200): Complete this challenge to earn 30,000 XP.
- Collect rare or better weapons (3): Complete this challenge to earn 30,000 XP.
The Lagoon Party Time quests were released in-game on July 8, 2023, and will be available for players to complete until July 11. Complete each quest to earn the associated rewards mentioned above.
Summer Escape Quests and Rewards
In addition, the highly anticipated purradise meowscles quests were launched during the event on July 6, 2023. Battle pass owners can complete these quests to obtain the exclusive skin for free.
We will continue to provide updates on new quests as they become available in-game during the event.
To learn how to obtain free summer escape rewards in Fortnite, please stay tuned.
Players will be rewarded with special cosmetic items and XP boosts for completing summer-themed quests in the game. These quests include tasks such as completing the "quench quests," "lagoon party quests," and "make an entrance quests." By completing a specific number of summer escape quests, players can receive rewards such as the "nanners wrap," "treezy back bling," "blossom drop contrail," "wild fronds back bling," "bugsy glider," and the "toasted coconut emote" along with the "lagoon escape loading screen." Additionally, there are specific tasks like destroying 10 stones to obtain the "artifact axe pickaxe" and mantling within 30 seconds of busting through a door for the "starry sea wrap."